Monday, November 14, 2011
Go Viral - Have Fun
It's Good For You
The following tips are from the book "Who Switched Off My Brain" by Dr. Caroline Leaf. She has researched the science of thought and how it affects the spiritual aspects of the mind and body. The book brings light to the scriptures, "Beloved, I pray (desire) that you may prosper in all things, and be in health (sound body) just as your soul prospers", 3 John:2, as well as Proverbs 17:22a, "A merry heart does good, like medicine...."
These tidbits come as a result of research and studies and are related in her chapter on toxic seriousness.
* Having fun is more infectious than a virus; in fact it's viral.
* Having fun will detox your thought life and improve your health. It's one of the most powerful antidotes to stress.
* Laughter is "the best medicine":
- It releases a flood of chemicals that boost the immune system and increase disease-fighting cells.
* Don't like exercise? Consider this:
- Laughter helps increase flexibility of thought and is as effective as aerobic exercise in boosting body-mind health.
- Laughing 100-200 times a day is equal to 10 minutes of rowing or jogging.
* Fun protects your heart.
- Chemicals are released that improve the function of blood vessels and increase blood flow.
If things seem difficult, start with a smile and start counting your blessings. It can only get better from there.
Posted by Rapha FWC at 6:51 AM